![]() |
| "Grain Mill" 2013 Copyright Rhonda S. Davis |
It was rainy, drizzly, cold and just generally day grey today. As a result, my husband (I call him "Cute Man" ) and I slept in late, played with the dogs and then decided to take some books to a used bookstore. While we were there, I sat on one of the chairs by the window with a pile of books and watched the rain fall while reading paragraphs of poetry.
I realized while sitting there that these little moments make up the glorious details in life. Savoring the moments of rest and appreciating these small moments are what life is made of. I am extremely content tonight as I drink a strong cup of coffee that had been poured over a scoop of vanilla ice cream and prepare to settle down with one of the books that I could not leave without this afternoon.
It is still wet and windy outside, but this is the reality of a good life.
I think that I sometimes fall prey to the television version of success and the good life. I think there are a lot of people that do this also. We hurry, we plan, we aspire and we gauge our life against the little clips from social media that others have posted. The reality is that even though they may appear to have a wrinkle free and glamorous life, they are as fragile and screwed up as we are. They might just be better at capturing that millisecond when things are "perfect" or photo ready.

No comments:
Post a Comment